How to setup and send an SMS appointment reminder with Notifyre.
SMS appointment reminders are a great way to improve efficiency and productivity in your organisation. Reminding your audience of their upcoming appointments is a sure way to improve business revenue lost by missed appointments.
Preparing your appointment data
- The first step is to export or prepare your appointment data. The aim of this step is to generate a CSV file that can be easily uploaded to Notifyre's secure web portal. This CSV file contains all of the appointment data for the following business day, providing your audience with an SMS appointment reminder 24 hours before their appointment.
- By using Notifyre's contacts import template (which can be downloaded via the Notifyre dashboard under -> Contacts -> Import -> Download Template), you can simply fill in the correct data in the provided fields. Use the custom fields for specific appointment information including (but not limited to) your business name, your client's appointment date and their appointment time.
- Once your appointment data is ready, import your contacts into Notifyre and add them to a contact group.
Preparing and sending your SMS appointment reminder
Once your contacts are successfully imported to Notifyre, you can prepare your SMS appointment reminder for sending.
- Login to the Notifyre dashboard.
- Select "Contacts" on the left navigation.
- Select your group of contacts that you imported previously to send an SMS appointment reminder and click "Send SMS". Your group will be automatically added to Notifyre's Quick SMS function to send an SMS broadcast with your appointment reminder.
- Select the "From SMS Number" from the drop-down list. You can select either a Notifyre System Number or a virtual mobile number that has been added to your account.
- Enter your appointment reminder SMS message in the "Message" box. Use the personalization tool to customise the message. In this example, we have added our contact's first name , our business name , scheduled appointment date and appointment time .
Example of a received SMS appointment reminder